Total Extreme Wrestling Federation
April 16, 2024, 04:14:13 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Vist the offical TEWF v2 homepage
http://www.freewebs.com/tewfv2/index.htm

Home Help Search Staff List Login Register  

Bobby Lashley leaves WWE

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bobby Lashley leaves WWE  (Read 190 times)
Drake Daniels
Administrator

View Profile
« on: January 23, 2008, 05:42:56 pm »

Former ECW champion Bobby Lashley, who was expected to return from his injuries this month, has parted ways with World Wrestling Entertainment, according to Lashley's official website.

Lashley, who debuted with the Smackdown brand in 2005, moved to the ECW brand in December 2006 with the idea that the brand would be built around him. He received a huge promotional push and won the ECW belt at the December to Dismember PPV.

WWE's push continued featuring Lashley going right a Wrestlemania 23 headline match against Umaga with Donald Trump and Vince McMahon as their respective seconds which was promoted heavily to the media due to Trump's involvement and the hair vs. hair stipulation that saw McMahon shaved bald in the center of the ring.

The Wrestlemania match led to a feud with McMahon where Lashley lost and regained the ECW title. Lashley was drafted to the Raw brand in June 2007 and vacated the ECW belt. He had been out of the ring since last July, when he finally took time off to have surgery and rehab rotator cuff and shoulder problems that had been nagging him for several months.

On the forum of his official website, www.BobbyLashleyOnline.com, Lashley commented, "Circumstances, which are out of my control left me no decision but to leave the WWE. I can't go into details of this now but like I said before, sometimes people will hate you personally and try to destroy you, which has happened here. Evil has prevailed. However like I said before, if you continue your struggle, doors will open around these people. You have not seen the last of me, so please don't stop your support. Add Bobby Lashley to the list of RECENTLY RELEASED!"

Lashley, a former amateur champion who also served in the Army, originally signed with the company in 2003 and spent time in Ohio Valley Wrestling before being brought up to the main roster.

Lashley teased a potential MMA interest on 1/16, writing, "I am not sure what I will be doing the next few months. I said I am in fighting shape because if I am not wrestling, I will be fighting. Wrestling is my passion but sometimes things are out of your control. The time off I've had was well needed and was not in vain. I had surgery in August, which was pretty serious. I had to have 5 connectors put in my shoulder to repair my torn labrum. I was slated to be out for 6 months but I think that diagnosis was for an average person. I’m ready for action and I have been for some time now. Whatever action that may be, I will be ready."

Lashley noted that he had just purchased a home in Parker, Colorado and that he expected WWE to acknowledge the release by the end of the week. Word of his departure made its way around the WWE locker room at tonight's Smackdown and ECW taping. As of this writing, he is still listed on the Raw brand's roster page

pwinsider.com

I could careless
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Drake Daniels
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 06:02:15 pm »

Cena> Lashley
Report Spam   Logged
Steve Norman

He's Back

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 06:14:02 pm »

Former ECW champion Bobby Lashley, who was expected to return from his injuries this month, has parted ways with World Wrestling Entertainment, according to Lashley's official website.

Lashley, who debuted with the Smackdown brand in 2005, moved to the ECW brand in December 2006 with the idea that the brand would be built around him. He received a huge promotional push and won the ECW belt at the December to Dismember PPV.

WWE's push continued featuring Lashley going right a Wrestlemania 23 headline match against Umaga with Donald Trump and Vince McMahon as their respective seconds which was promoted heavily to the media due to Trump's involvement and the hair vs. hair stipulation that saw McMahon shaved bald in the center of the ring.

The Wrestlemania match led to a feud with McMahon where Lashley lost and regained the ECW title. Lashley was drafted to the Raw brand in June 2007 and vacated the ECW belt. He had been out of the ring since last July, when he finally took time off to have surgery and rehab rotator cuff and shoulder problems that had been nagging him for several months.

On the forum of his official website, www.BobbyLashleyOnline.com, Lashley commented, "Circumstances, which are out of my control left me no decision but to leave the WWE. I can't go into details of this now but like I said before, sometimes people will hate you personally and try to destroy you, which has happened here. Evil has prevailed. However like I said before, if you continue your struggle, doors will open around these people. You have not seen the last of me, so please don't stop your support. Add Bobby Lashley to the list of RECENTLY RELEASED!"

Lashley, a former amateur champion who also served in the Army, originally signed with the company in 2003 and spent time in Ohio Valley Wrestling before being brought up to the main roster.

Lashley teased a potential MMA interest on 1/16, writing, "I am not sure what I will be doing the next few months. I said I am in fighting shape because if I am not wrestling, I will be fighting. Wrestling is my passion but sometimes things are out of your control. The time off I've had was well needed and was not in vain. I had surgery in August, which was pretty serious. I had to have 5 connectors put in my shoulder to repair my torn labrum. I was slated to be out for 6 months but I think that diagnosis was for an average person. I’m ready for action and I have been for some time now. Whatever action that may be, I will be ready."

Lashley noted that he had just purchased a home in Parker, Colorado and that he expected WWE to acknowledge the release by the end of the week. Word of his departure made its way around the WWE locker room at tonight's Smackdown and ECW taping. As of this writing, he is still listed on the Raw brand's roster page

pwinsider.com

I could careless

Same here... Bobby Lashley to me was nothing more than a Brock Lesnar/Goldberg rip off. I didn't miss the guy when he was injuired and I won't miss him now. Although this is bad news for WWE, since that was one of there top guys.
Report Spam   Logged
Mike Copani
G-Mod

TEWF ORIGINAL.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2008, 06:56:15 pm »

John Cena+Bobby Lashley=WWE Ratings...unfortuantley.
Report Spam   Logged

*02/00/01*
Psychotic D
TEWF Legend
G-Mod

DoA Co-Leader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2008, 08:50:34 pm »

^

true, but i wouldnt mind him in tna to beef up the heavyweight division
Report Spam   Logged

..::TEWF LEGEND::..

"The BAMF" Psycho Dave
W ~ D ~ L
 ~ 0 ~ 0

Punkstar

Dead ****! & Detective Joe!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2008, 04:22:47 pm »

Lashley in TNA = ****
Unless they make him actually entertaining. He's just a guy with muscles in the WWE really.

Cena > Lashley
As much as I hate Cena, Lashley is worse just because he doesn't have a brain. Cena should just go away as well. Permanently.
Or when he comes back, they should have a feud between Cena and Jeff where Jeff prevails and Cena dies. Permanently.
Report Spam   Logged

-V1.0 Accomplishments-
1x TEWF Tag Team Champion (w/ Dynamite)

"The Original" PunkStar
03-00-00
Mike Copani
G-Mod

TEWF ORIGINAL.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2008, 04:51:48 pm »

Love that idea, but I like watching wrestling, but for some reason, I hate all the guys.I hate every wrestler, with the exception of Finlay or MVP.
Report Spam   Logged

*02/00/01*
Dave Johnson
Staff

Destruction is Dave Johnson

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2008, 06:32:11 am »

Who gives a **** about Lashley really.
Report Spam   Logged

Drake Daniels
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2008, 12:26:37 pm »

We have an update to the story that Bobby Lashley is leaving WWE. Lashley has not yet been released, but is currently in negotiations with World Wrestling Entertainment to obtain his release. Lashley is the one who initiated this process. Lashley's profile is gone from WWE.com, his merchandise has been put on clearance sale at WWEShop.com and he was not included in the official program at last night's Royal Rumble, which featured biographies of virtually every WWE wrestler.

There was a major falling out between both sides. Lashley was very angry with the way his girlfriend Kristal Marshall was released from the company back in October. There are also reports that Lashley had “de-bulked” in recent months.

As far as his future plans, that all depends on the terms of his release. Lashley is said to have several years remaining on his WWE contract, so it is likely that he will get a "restricted release", which would allow him to pursue a career in other sports (such as mixed martial arts), but block him from working with any other wrestling organization. This is very similar to the terms of Brock Lesnar's early release from WWE, which prohibited him from wrestling in the United States but allowed him to pursue a football career in the National Football League.

Source Wrestlezone.com

Basically he is leaving WWE because they did his girlfriend wrong, yet it was said she was a major **** so go figure he is gonna give up money for a girl that probably wont be there for the long haul. Anyway were have we heard a story like this before Brock Lesnar and Sable almost down to a tee
Report Spam   Logged
Scorpio
G-Mod

DoA Co-Leader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2008, 02:33:05 pm »

Lashley back to the army I guess :/
Report Spam   Logged

.:Name - Scorpio:.
.:Nickname - The Charisma Of Tears:.
.:Finishers - Paparazzi Flash & Nightmare On Oxford Street:.

W:3 D:0 L:0
Drake Daniels
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2008, 02:38:09 pm »

He wants to do MMA lol After Brock gets his ass handed to him this week then we will see bout that
Report Spam   Logged
Dave Johnson
Staff

Destruction is Dave Johnson

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2008, 10:41:47 pm »

Yeah haha probs.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum